Sunday 14 December 2014

The Art of Being Lazy

I went out for a nice curry with Mrs T last night at the Mill Hill Tandoori. It was most pleasant. During the course of ur meal, she asked me what I was thinking about. The question relaly stumped me. I realised that I couldn't actually answer because I was thinking about a million things at the same time (perhaps the reason I wasn't actually saying anything at all). It has been a very busy period for me. I've two main paid jobs and I was busy with both yesterday from 8am until 9pm. I managed to slip in a mere three blogs into the deal. I also made a quick trip out to the Save Mill Hill Library stall in Mill Hill Broadway. By the time I clocked off at 9pm and we went for our dinner, I was a bit frazzled.

Whilst many of us like a lie in on a Sunday, I take my son to play football and then spend a couple of hours in the cold (at this time of year) pacing the touchline. Not today though, the match was cancelled. Mrs T kindly got up and made a nice breakfast, which I happily scoffed, then I announced, much to her disgust, that I was going back to bed. I took up the Sunday Times and immediately nodded right back off. Eventually emerged at noon (much to Mrs T's disgust). I can't actually recall the last time I had a lie in. Usually it is impossible with work/football/dog commitments. Usually when I get up, if there is nothing to do, I research blogs. Not today. I just thought "Sod it" and went back to bed.

I've spent most of the rest of the day being pretty lazy as well. A nice hike around Arrendene with the Dogs and hanging up a few Xmas lights has been the sum effort so far. I will go to Mass at 6pm (being a good Catholic, I always think a Bus will run me over if I don't, so I don't tempt fate - Stay lucky is my motto). I've no idea whether many readers of this blog go to mass. When I was a kid I hated it. Now I find I enjoy the experience, miostly because it is the one hour a week that I don't get hassled. I always say a few prayers for my friends who have issues. Sadly there are always more than enough to keep me busy.

After that I will play five a side football and then have a bath and go to bed.


You may ask what this is all about. Well, nothing really except the fact that we all need to be lazy occasionally. I urge you to put some time in your buzy diary to be a lazy sod! I haven't done it for ages and I feel much better for the experience.

No comments: