Friday 20 June 2014

Many thanks to Matthew Offord MP for sorting out a passport nightmare

As many Barnet Eye readers will know, the passport office is in a state of meltdown at the moment. As we approach holiday season, many people are faced with the nightmare prospect of losing holidays which have been paid for, due to the fact that they have not been sent passports in due time.

One such person was my 17 year olf niece. In desparation her parents contacted our local MP Matthew Offord. Mr Offord stepped in and I am very pleased to report the problem has been resolved. As the Barnet Eye is only too happy to congratulate our local politicians when they do a good job, we'd like to send our heartfelt thanks to Mr Offord. Matthew has gained one new fan as a result of his efforts (my niece) who is extremely grateful for having her holiday saved. I am always pleased to hear when MP's do their casework and help the locals.

Now just to clarify a couple of things. Firstly my niece doesn't share my name and her parents didn't mention the connection to this blog, so it wasn't a case of him doing us a favour. This is the first he will know of the connection, so it wasn't a case of "I'll get a nice write up in the Barnet Eye if I do this".secondly, I do think that it would be good if Mr Offord now got on the case of the wider problem and got the government to sort out the problem for everyone, because I'm sure he'll realise that it is unacceptable.

I would suggest that anyone else living in Hendon constituency contact Matthew if they are having similar problems. His email address is matthew.offord.mp@parliament.uk please let us know how you get on. 

4 comments:

Mr Tor said...

Well done, I didn't think you had it in you to be honest and actually say something positive about a Conservative, but you did. Well done indeed. I hope it wasn't too painful for you.

Rog T said...

Mr Tor,
It is always a mistake to judge others by your own standards. I just hope Offord one day delivers his election pledge of a cheese shop for Mill Hill

Anonymous said...

Mr Tory , The Opposition that has sprung up in Barnet is as a Consequence of the Tory party's complete & utter miss Managment of this Boroughs Affairs !! To simply ignore the Electorate of this Borough is & Has Been a Disaster on Every Level . The party have one the Election By the slimmest of Margins . That Gives you the Mandate to Lead !!! Not to Rule !!!! I Have in the past Been a Tory Voter ! But when told I had no Right to Even ask a Question at an Area forum of my so called Elected member , it Become clear that this Borough Has Some Very Serious problems !!!

Anonymous said...

it Become clear that this Borough Has Some Very Serious problems !!!

Particularly the lack of housing.