Saturday 13 October 2012

Another great Barnet blog for the list - Reema Patel

It gives me great pleasure to announce that the fantastic five Barnet bloggers have become Splendid Six. There is a new top notch bloggeress in town - Reema Patel - http://reemapatelblog.wordpress.com

Reema says about herself

About Me

I’m a social activist and a public servant first and foremost. I believe in giving people a hand up and in recognising and supporting the ability of those who are vulnerable or disadvantaged.
Everything else I do follows from this.
I was born and bred in Barnet, where I live. I’m a local Barnet Labour party activist and a school governor at Hollickwood Primary School.
I grew up in a migrant Gujarati community which sought refuge from East African political turmoil in the 70s. My mother started off in a toothpaste factory and then worked for over twenty years as a nurse for the NHS; my father worked in a grocers and then ran two Post Offices.
I worked for Essex County Council on their Fast Track Management Programme for two years; where I spent a year in social care management.
I’m currently a Bedingfield Scholar at the Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn, an aspiring barrister, and a student at City University’s Law School. I am also an active Fabian and a member of the Fabian Women’s Network.
I can be contacted on Twitter -
It is great to see that the Barnet blogging community, unlike the local Tory Council, is equally represented in the gender department now, on the boys team we have me, Mr Reasonable and Mr Mustard and in the girls team we have Citizen Barnet, Mrs Angry and Reema Patel - You can follow all of these great bloggers via the link in the sidebar.

I wish Reema a long and fruitful career as a Barnet blogger. I had a chat with her at Friern Barnet library on Wednesday after the library repossession court hearing. She is just the type of person we need to be active in local politics and look forward to reading her blog as it develops.

No comments: