Thursday 30 August 2012

Young Barnet carer lights Olympic torch for Matthew Pinsent

A bit late in the day, but I've just been sent  a link that has made me rather proud. A young carer from barnet, Lauran Ferebee lit Matthew Pinsents Olympic torch on the Olympic torch relay.

http://www.london2012.com/torch-relay/torchbearers/torchbearers=lauran-ferebee-9426/index.html

Matthew then took the torch down the river on the Gloriana.

Lauran received this honour in recognition for her work as a carer for her younger sister. Lauran has been a rock for her mum. You may wonder why I am so proud? Well her dad was my best friend and business partner. He helped me set up my studios and tragically died in 2001 of Pancreatic Cancer after a horrific battle.

Wherever he is now, I bet he's beaming at what a great kid Lauran has grown up to become.

In life people don't always get the recognition they deserve. I am made up for Lauran, her mum Michelle and the rest of the family.

You can watch the handover of the flame. Move this clip to 7:38.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchrelay/day70#pid=p00t6bbv&t=false

I wasn't blogging when Ernie passed away. One day I will write an obit for him. He was a great guy. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

He was a top guy. Nice one Rog.