Saturday 16 July 2011

Burnt Oak Murder - Where is the leadership

Last night I went on a pub crawl around London Bridge followed by a curry. I took the Northern Line home and got off at Burnt Oak to take the 251 bus home. I waited 5 mins for a bus to arrive (not sure of the time, around 11pm). I thought it seemed rather quiet for a Friday night. This morning I had to go to Burnt Oak to buy some fish. As I jumped in the car, the radio told me that a man had been murdered not too long after I passed the spot (maybe 3 hours). The whole road was sealed off.

As peruse the twitter feeds - nothing from our MP. Nothing from the Leader of the Council on any Hendon Times story. Is it just because it's Burnt Oak? Don't people from Burnt Oak matter? If it was a wealthy Totteridge resident, I wonder what the response would be. If it was a millionaire?

Sometimes the Human race makes me sick. We only care about those we deem important. God bless the victim and his family. I will remember them in my prayers.

2 comments:

Steve said...

It's made the Hendon Times


http://www.times-series.co.uk/news/9144077.Group_of_men_sought_over_Burnt_Oak_murder/

http://www.times-series.co.uk/news/9144135.Burnt_Oak_murder__premises_may_have_been_brothel/

mohsin said...

AM SHOCKED AND SCARE BCOZ LIVIN NEAR .THIS AREA IS NOT VERY SAFE STILL.