Tuesday 1 March 2011

Barnet Council Vs The People - My Letter to Hugh Rayner

******* Please note : Cllr Hugh Rayner contacted the Barnet Eye and stated that this story is factually incorrect. He did take the letter and still has it in his possession. It was also fully intact. The photo reproduced here was "photoshopped" to protect the identity of the person taking the picture before being sent to me. I was unaware of this at the time of publishing the blog. I have apologised to Cllr Rayner - see this blog
http://barneteye.blogspot.com/2011/03/councillor-hugh-rayner-apology.html for details. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that what we publish at the Barnet Eye is correct, errors do happen. It is our policy to always issue a correction and apology where this is pointed out ****************

My previous post included a video showing how Hugh Rayner refused to allow me to video a council meeting on behalf of a disabled resident. I penned this letter and asked a councillor on the committee to give it to him. Councillor Rayner couldn't even be bothered to take it with him after the meeting to show his leader or the CEO.

An outraged Conservative supporter, who was disgusted retrieved it. You will see that someone even partially ripped it. A sorry day in Barnet Council (click for a more readable version and sorry for my appalling handwriting)

2 comments:

baarnett said...

It's 10.30pm, and the riders are jockying for position in the Great Blog Writeup of the Council Meeting.
BBC London reports Ms Hillan interview: "Mr and Mrs Barnet will not notice the cuts." Tim Donovan reports Mr Hillan said £46-million of cuts were "painful" but that she was "bullish".
Now the race is on for the first report... Who is that ahead round the last turn?...

baarnett said...

And the first across the line was Mr Reasonable, with his comments about the security at Hendon Town Hall.

"I know mine is only a short report, and the 'big guns' are still working on their detailed reports, but I feel I've achieved something," he said, before returning to his auditing of the council's accounts.