Saturday 26 February 2011

Barnet Eye - The film

The Barnet Eye is pleased to announce the most exciting project yet undertaken. I am making a film. It is something I've wanted to do for a very long time. As there have been more than 1/4 million page views of this blog since I started, it strikes me that there are a few people interested in our Borough. When I started The Barnet Eye, the idea was to try and keep people informed of what is happening locally in a readable, snappy format. I made a deliberate decision to lampoon those who deserve to be lampooned, stand with the people who deserve to be stood with and to try and bring a few things to you about Barnet which you might not have known. I hope that where possible an element of humour comes through. I knocked this trailer up from some Library footage last night, just to give you a flavour of what we'll be covering. Much of the stills will be replaced by live footage and there will be dialog - this is just the taster !


For those of you who don't know much about me, other than my blog, I run a very successful music services company in Mill Hill. I will be putting all of my resources into the film. Now in keeping with the ethos of the blog, I'll also be welcoming contributions from the whole community. If you have something you want to say about Barnet, you are a film maker and you have some footage or you can help me in some other way, please get in touch.

The film will be a documentary. It will be shot on video camera and will either be 25 or 55 minutes long. Here's what I'm looking for at the moment.

People of all ages, who are willing to be filmed talking for approx 30 seconds about some aspect of living in Barnet, what makes Barnet great, what is bad about Barnet, the best joke they know about Barnet.

Short films of up to 2 minutes about some aspect of Barnet. They must be of suitable technical quality and the sound quality must be of a broadcastable or near broadcastable quality.

Short clips (up to 30 seconds) of video/ mobile phone footage, which we can put a relevant voice over or music to.

Now as it's my film, you will have to be happy for me to use what you do in any way I see fit and sign relevant waiver forms. I am not making the film for profit and after recovering any costs I may incur in the making, any profits (which I don't expect there to be) will be distributed between local charities and causes - don't ask though as the first rule is that if you ask, you won't get.

What you will get if you contribute, is a pair of tickets to the world premier, wherever that may be.

Oh yes, we are planning to doorstep a few people in the forthcoming couple of months.

And one final thing. If anyone bears a strong resemblence to our beloved Councillor Coleman or possess a fat suit, please get in touch as we have a role for you. I'll even make an exception and provided expenses and a free lunch for the filming, so as to ensure that it is shot totally in character.

And just in case you are wondering, no this isn't a wind up. I'm deadly serious -
EMAIL ME BY CLICKING HERE

9 comments:

Mrs Angry said...

yes, but darling, who is going to play me? Sharon Stone? Michelle Pfeiffer? Or Patricia Routledge?

baarnett said...

With
Rosa Luxemburg as Vickim57:
"Barnet cabinet domination is undoubtedly an historical necessity, but so too, the rising of the residents against it!"
- or even better -
"The leadership has failed. Even so, the leadership can and must be recreated from the residents, and out of the residents!"

and
Adam Smith as "Don't Call Me Dave":
"Barnet Cabinet intends only its own gain, and it is in this, led by an invisible hand, to promote an end which was no part of its intention!"

with
Clint Eastwood as "Mr Reasonable":
"I know what you're thinking. "Did you councillors lose six million or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a east Barnet blog, the most powerful web site in the world, and would blow what remains of your reputation clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?"

Mrs Angry said...

who plays Rog though? Johnny Depp, or one of the Chuckle Bros?

baarnett said...

And Roger could include

"Forced Sales in the Local Housing Market"

as featured in the Barnet Times.

Mrs T said...

It looks like Ed Wood has some competition. Who should play Rog T? There's only one sensible candidate, Kermit the Frog. And Mrs Angry, as you asked about yourself, maybe Miss Piggy?

baarnett said...

With Brian as Mr Toad, there is room for only one member of the Order Anura (look it up).

baarnett said...

And I see, while our idle and harmless comments have been building up here today, Mr Reasonable has found that for the 'One Barnet' delivery, an extra half-a-million-pounds has been set aside, to pay to the lawyers Trowelling and Reel-it-in.

More champagne anyone?!

Mrs Angry said...

hello: Mrs T has floated back up to the surface again! Played by Miss Piggy - moi? I couldn't agree more - there are certain similarities, we are both wonderful female role models, blonde, and f*cking gorgeous too ...

Citizen Barnet said...

Rosa Luxemburg was murdered and her body dumped into a river. I'd rather not be played by her (?). And I'm nothing like as courageous or smart as she was - although I do like hats (RL liked hats).

I'm expecting to be played by Julia Roberts - of course, she is nervy and stick thin with long, dark hair. I think you'll agree that the likeness is uncanny.

Anyway, let's stop talking about ourselves! We have a world to win!