Thursday 16 December 2010

A formal invitation to Robert Rams to accept the petition to Save Barnets Libraries

I have issued a formal invitation to Robert Rams to meet me to receive the many thousands of signatures on the library petition. I believe that as this is one of the largest petitions in the history of Barnet politics, it is only fitting that he formally receives it. Anything less would be a gross insult to the voters of Barnet.

The full text of my invitation to him is printed here :-

http://barnetfutureshape.blogspot.com/2010/12/invitation-to-robert-rams.html

May I take the opportunity to remind Mr Rams that David Cameron talks about big society. Surely listening to the thousands of people who took the trouble to sign the petition is what big society is all about. I note with interest that in all the saturdays I've been collecting signatures, hardly a single person has agreed with Mr Rams proposals and the vast majority have violently objected. We collected over 800 signatures at Barnet fair alone. Mr Rams should note that Lynne Hillan scrapped her allowance rise because a thousand people signed the Hendon Times petition. We've got many times that number of signatures, despite an embargo on reporting it by the Times. Hillan said at the time "We're listening". Mr Rams, can you hear us? Mr Rams, Mr Rams ???????

4 comments:

baarnett said...

Perhaps someone closer to New Barnet that I am could comment if this glorious praise of Mr Rams is appropriate in the Barnet Times.

I'm not saying it isn't, I'm not saying it is.

Mrs Angry said...

Blimey, Rog: a date with Cllr Rams? I wish I could sneak along to the Adam & Eve and peer through the (steamy?) window. Unfortunately I have an appointment with Lady Gaga at the 02: wonder which of us will have the most entertaining evening?

Broadway Blogger said...

Sounds a great idea. Perhaps he will offer an olive branch and some good news for Christmas.

After all in all the movies at Christmas even the Scrooges of society mend their ways !

Hope it comes off.

Broadway Blogger said...

PS
Perhaps you can ask him why Barnet Tories are about to end the right to protest for young people in the Borough ? as well while you are at it !! The Barnet Tories are acting like some sort of Junta and this is more proof. Priceless.

http://www.times-series.co.uk/news/topstories/8742811.Councillor_urges__directive__to_ban_school_student_demos/