Sunday 15 August 2010

Football Analysis : How much do we pay this bloke?

I had a very pleasant lunchtime pint with one of my oldest friends at the Mill Hill Services club. He was there with his Dad, who is a great guy. Brian is a Spurs fan and I'm a City fan and we met to watch the match, the first of the Premiership season. There are two things we agreed on at the end. Firstly that Premiership football is a far better spectacle than the crap served up at the recent world cup. Secondly that Joe Hart was simply superb, the man of the match by a mile.

How much is Fabio Capello paid? Being a City fan, I've followed Hart's progress. How on earth could he have missed the fact that this guy is outstanding. I went to the England Vs Hungary match midweek and it is clear that the defence trust him. He played a blinder for Birmingham City last year and started in blistering form today. City could have been 3-0 down at half time. Capello is payed a kings ransom to keep an eye on these players and know who can do the job. Todays match and Weds England match confirmed everything I thought about our world cup campaign. Crouch & Defoe are a solid partnership and better than any Capello tried, Adam Johnson is a great player to bring on as an impact sub.

Ever since the world cup, I've been wondering if I'd lost interest in football. By 3pm, I realised I hadn't

No comments: