Sunday 6 June 2010

World Cup injuries - proof that there is a God?

As we ponder the forthcoming world cup, the airwaves are full of injuries. I was listening to a couple of pundits this morning saying how tragic it was that Rio Ferdinand and Didier Drogba had got injured and had to come home. Really? Wasn't Rio Ferdinand the guy who skipped a drug test? Now I'm no expert but if she was an olympic athlete, that would have been the end of her career? I don't want that bloke within a million miles of the England team. What signal does it send to young footballers (cheating is OK?). The Drogba. A man built like a brick out house, who only needs someone to breath on him and he falls over, writhing in agony. Your average Chelsea match sees Mr Drogba go down more often than Linda Lovelace in her entire movie career. In short a cheat. As I pondered the discussion, I thought to myself "God moves in not so mnysterious ways sometimes".

At the time I was making Mrs T (the wife, not the blogger) a spanish omlette for breakfast. Just as I was thinking this thought, I sliced a potato in half. Now I'm not one for stories of the name of Allah being displayed in Aubergenes, but the evidence of divine intervention is beyond doubt in this case. I shall call it the Miracle of Mill Hill. See for yourself, the proof is in the potato! A message for Mr Capello and all of the other coaches.

The good lord demands an end to cheating in football and I thoroughly agree with him !

No comments: