Saturday 22 May 2010

Toad


Being a punk rocker, Toad by Cream exemplified everything I didn't like about overblown rock tracks and long, boring self indulgent drum solos. These days there are bigger Toads to fry ! Sadly Eric Clapton of Cream was instrumental in the setting up of Rock Against Racism and not in a good way. Whilst Clapton has never withdrawn his offensive racist comments, many good things came out of Rock Against Racism, not the least my love of Misty In Roots. I got into Reggae music as a result of the policy of putting reggae and punk bands on together. Of all of these Misty were my favourite. I couldn't leave ya on a Saturday Night with a Toad alone could I? Enjoy

2 comments:

Mrs Angry said...

hmm, I'd forgotten about Clapton's nasty contribution ... but last night on tv they showed footage of the Anti Nazi League march and gig at Victoria Park in ?1978 with the Clash etc, and a young Mrs Angry was there somewhere in the crowd, much to her parents' dismay ... good old days, when kids were actually politically active and prepared to get involved in protest ...

Rog T said...

I'd forgotten that gig. I somehow managed to miss the Clash - doh!

Luckily for me, my Dad, although a Tory hated fascism. He refused to go on holiday to Spain until Franco had died. He also taught me how to make bombs in the shed, just in case I ever needed the skill. Sadly in this namby pamby age, we no longer teach our five year olds how to make nitro glycerine.