Thursday 13 May 2010

A splendid idea from John Hart

I've always said that of all the Tories in Barnet, the most sensible ones (apart from Don't Call Me Dave) were in Mill Hill. Sadly they weren't quite sensible enough to vote for me, but ho hum, Rome wasn't built in a day. Anyway, I'm pleased to report that the honourary Leader of the Mill Hill Tories (at least as far as I'm concerned), Councillor John Hart got in touch with me this morning. Councillor Hart shares my concern for local war memorials. He has suggested reviving the local "war memorials committee" and has asked for my support.

I think this is a splendid idea, which I fully support. I think that it is disgraceful that they have been neglected. I will support this initiative and the revivial of the committee in every way I can. This is just the type of thing we need local councillors to do and we should all support such initiatives. Watch this space.

No comments: