Monday 10 May 2010

Leader Listens - where are the details of expenses.

The Leader of Barnet Council has a publicly funded blog called Leader Listens. This currently only has one entry - as follows :-



Thank you for coming to Leader Listens, the blog of the Leader of Barnet Council.
I took over as leader at the turn of the year and I am keen to review how Barnet Council consults and engages with residents. As part of that review I will be considering the role of blogging and the relationship it has to the other communications work of the council.
But with local election prudah coming up (this limits just what information council’s can publish for fear of influencing the election process) it would seem foolish to adopt a new model of communication with residents only to immediately suspend it for six weeks – so there will be no new posts to this blog until after the election.
The only exception will be my expenses which I will post monthly.
I hope, whatever your political persuasion, you take the opportunity to vote in May.
Regards
Lynne Hillan

By my (admittedly poor maths) shouldn't there be two more entries by now?

No comments: