Tuesday 9 March 2010

Future Shape - The biggest Brownite in Barnet

If you were a Tory Candidate standing in a highly marginal seat, standing against a hideously unpopular Labour Governement, who would be the last person you would think, you would want to endorse you?

Well it seems that the Candidate for Finchley and Golders Green thinks that a thumbs up from Gordon Brown and the Labour Party is just what he needs to win - check this link on his website :-

http://www.finchleyconservatives.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=34:futureshape&catid=2:news&Itemid=2


So there you have it. Gordon Browns goverrnment thinks that Future Shape is marvellous and the Tories say he's bankrupted the country. The former leader of Barnet Council thinks Future Shape is Marvellous and he's gambled all the reserves in Icelandic banks (taking an £18 million hit with your cash). It's a shame that Don't Call Me Dave, Barnets most sensible Tory has retired from blogging as I'd love to hear what he has to say about this "ringing endorsement".

I wonder if David Cameron will be campaigning on the fact that his policies have been endorsed by the Labour party as well? Not unless he's bonkers I would guess. I wonder what Conservative Central  Headquarters office will make of all of this? ( I wonder how long they'll leave this page up. They usually remove their cock ups pretty quickly when I point them out). Is it a new policy - "Our policies must be great because Gordon likes them".

Sometimes it's great writing a blog in Barnet. You don't have to do much to amuse the readers, you just post links to the Finchley Conservatives website and they shoot their own foot off.

**** Update at 8am ****
The Finchley Conservatives changed the name of the web page link on their site so the above link didn't work. Rather odd behaviour really, leaving the page there but making it so anyone visiting from the blog wouldn't find it. If they pull the stunt again, visit http://www.finchleyconservatives.com/ and see if it's still the top story in the sidebar on the right of the page. They either think it's a good story or not? You think they'd be glad of the publicity (I've updated the above link and will monitor).

1 comment:

Don't Call Me Dave said...

Rog

Whilst I have stopped writing my blog for the time being, I remain an avid reader of yours! Anyone who has read my blog will already be aware of my opinion of Mike Freer’s suitability as an MP, and nothing in the article on his web site has given me cause to change that opinion!