Sunday 15 November 2009

First Capital Connect Update - A note from Andrew Dismore MP

I wrote to Mr Dismore on Thursday to express my dismay at how useless First Capital Connect have become. He wrote back on Friday via Email. Seems like the MD has been sacked. Can't say this surprises me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Roger Tichborne
               


Our Ref: Transport e-Update 8.2: Thameslink disruption
Please quote reference on all correspondence
November 2009
Dear Mr Tichborne,

I know many constituents will have been inconvenienced by the disruption of First Capital Connect Thameslink services today.

I thought you would wish to know that I raised the issue in the Commons this afternoon in a question to the Minister responsible for railways: I am enclosing a copy of my press release and Hansard extract which I thought you would like to see.

I have just been informed that the Managing Director of FCC left their employment last Friday. I was due to meet him in a few days time anyway, so I am now trying to arrange an early meeting with another senior executive of the company (in the absence of a new MD) to discuss the dispute as well as more general Thameslink matters.

As and when there is anything further to report, I will let you know!

Best wishes
Yours sincerely,

Andrew Dismore MP
Labour Member of Parliament for Hendon


No comments: