Sunday 25 October 2009

Sympathy for the Devil


*** Update  at 19:27 *** How very wierd. I just went into my blog manager page and this blog is the 666th blog I've posted. I didn't realise when I named it - How spooky is that ???? Perhaps the twat  is more evil than we all thought
--------------------------------------------------------
Everyone seems to want to talk to me about Nick Griffin, leader of the BNP on Question Time (Pictured left). Many people are shocked that I've not seen it and have no interest in seeing it, given my strident criticism of him.

The truth is, I'm rather sorry for the useless Fascist numpty. Not sorry that he may have been given a hard time by the BBC, no I'm sort of sorry for him in the way I'm sorry for a sick animal. You see Nick Griffin has excluded himself, for no other reason than stupidity, from many of the best things about Great Britian.

Does he appreciate a Brick Lane curry? Does he dance to the sounds of Bob Marley? Does he listen to the poetry of Linton Kwesi Johnson, does he boogie to the sounds of Soft Cell & Malk Almond, would he go to the Roundhouse to watch Smokey Robinson? Would he let his hair down at a Pride festival? Would he sing along with the London Community Gospel Choir? Does he like a nice Chinese takeaway? Does he cheer when Rio Ferdinand scores a goal for England? Does he thank the Lord when he sees Johnson Beharry receive a VC? Does he say a prayer for all the brave Imperial troops who helped save this great Country from Fascism? Does he thank the Lord for the Polish Spitfire pilots in the Battle of Britain.

Well if he does, he keeps very quiet about it. What a sad little man.

As to his claims that he was bullied, given a hard time, the audience was unrepresentative, these deserve a bit of scrutiny and analysis.

1. Was the audience representative? Well the BNP got around 1% of the vote at the last general election, so if there were 200 people in the audience, then maybe 2 of them should be BNP voters. The BNP has a tiny membership, so to be representative, then if one of them was actually a member, they were overrepresented.

2. Did the audience represent London's demographic make up? Griffin conceded it did. As such his bleating was actually for an "unrepresentative" audience.

3. He complained that he was asked lots of beastly questions. Well sorry poor lickle Nicky Wicky, that's what people do on question time. Just suppose they had Gordon Brown on. Do you think he'd get asked lots of nice questions by the Tories & Lib Dems. I can't see Chris Huhne saying "Well Gordon, we'd really like you to explain to us just how lucky we are to have you here and we must give you every opportunity to tell us how you saved the world" or Baroness Warsi saying "Well Gordon, I think you are the greatest thing since sliced bread". They'd probably be far more beastly to Gordon.

4. He claims the audience were picked to give him a hostile reaction. If you picked 100 people off the street at Random in London, they'd give Griffin a far more hostile reaction than he actually got. Going back to the Gordon Brown analogy, Would he bleat afterwards that "There were lots of people in the audience who booed me when I gave evasive answers" I doubt it.

Griffin is a twat. If he'd had half a brain, he'd have claimed a great victory in the face of insurmountable odds. As it is, he's just shown that he can't take it when he has to play ball with the big boys.

3 comments:

Don't Call Me Dave said...

Rog

The real issue for me is not whether Nick Griffin was asked beastly questions, but why wasn’t he asked really challenging questions that would have exposed him. The questions he was asked were really quite predictable – as were his answers.

Don't Call Me Dave said...

Rog

The following article in today’s Sunday Telegraph by James Forsyth (political editor of the Spectator) is worth reading: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/6425004/The-BNP-can-be-dismissed---but-their-constituency-can-not.html

Unknown said...

Funny, I have a tendency to feel sorry for these sad and odious bigoted types, in the same way that you do - sorry that they cannot feel the joy of life in all its fullness. To me it's a truly tragic thing to live a narrow-minded and hate-filled life.
I thank all the gods and goddesses every single day that my life is not like that. And I lose count when I attempt to count my numerous blessings.
:)