Sunday 4 October 2009

I wouldn't wipe my bum on the Daily Telegraph if I was caught short in a field of Thistles


Imagine my surprise. A cursory trawl  of my favourite blogs, took me, via The Tory Troll blog, to the Daily Telegraph website. The Daily Telegraph has given Mr Richard Barnbrook, BNP Councillor (currently suspended for telling porkies), GLA member (recently censured for telling porkies) and general all round **** his own blog.

The picture on the right is lifted from this blog. Barnbrook is promoting his anti knife campaign. Whilst no sane Londoner would think knives are anything other than terrible, I'd also guess that most people would be horrified to learn that Barnbrook MADE UP a pile of porkies for a video he made to promote his campaing. The Telegrapgh calls him Councillor Richard Barnbrook, but this is actually not strictly true at the moment as he was suspended for this despicable behaviour.

You may be intrigued by this blog entry - an apology to Dagenham and Barking Council and the GLA. Now personally, if I was Barnbrook, I'd have called it an apology to the people who placed their faith in me with their vote. What is it with people like Barnbrook. They are caught out, but they just can't say they are wrong.

Elsewhere in his blog he says the following :-

I, Richard Barnbrook am going to be Barking’s next MP! I’m the candidate for the British National Party, which is the only Party that has the guts to tell it like it is. 

This is a bit rich coming from a man just suspended for telling porkies. His explanation for being one of London's greatest Porkiemeisters?

There were about 4 consecutive takes of this recording and what with my dyslexia and ambient background noise, I became confused. The video was posted on my blog by one of my aides on the same day. It was therefore equivalent to a live recording because it was not edited. Unfortunately, it wasn’t taken down by my aides when it should have been, once it was realised that it contained inaccuracies.
 Like Richard Barnbrook, I'm dyslexic. It's quite simple. If you are doing something important, something in the public domain, you check your facts. If you are a representative of a Political party, you have assistants, paid for by the public purse. Is he so stupid that, knowing he was dyslexic, knowing he "got confused", that he allowed "an aide" to post it? As I've said before and I'll doubtless say again. Richard Barnbrook and the BNP claim that they are different and honest. The facts show them to be otherwise.


As to the Daily Telegraph hosting this man's blog. Do they believe that it is the job of respected papers to host the blatherings of such a dishonest and clearly stupid man? What purpose is served by a giving a platform to a man who cannot tell the truth and promotes racial tensions? I wouldn't buy the Daily Telegraph. I wouldn't even wipe my bum on it if I was caught short in a field of Thistles.

3 comments:

Don't Call Me Dave said...

Rog

I may be wrong, but I don’t think the Telegraph have given Richard Barnbrook a blog, in the sense that he is not one of their columnists and they are not paying him to write for them. They have a feature called “My Telegraph” and anyone and everyone can sign up and have their own blog, just as you can do on Blogger.

But this does seem a very risky thing for the Telegraph to do because people will automatically, and perhaps quite reasonably, assume that the paper is endorsing the content of the blogs which appear on its web site.

The Telegraph might argue, as Blogger does, that they are not in the business of censorship. But unlike Blogger, the Telegraph is supposedly a respectable quality newspaper which its readers trust.

Allowing uncensored blogs to appear on their web site damages the Telegraph brand and you have to assume the reason Barnbrook signed up for their blog service was precisely to create an image of respectability which he does not deserve.

Rog T said...

David,

Assuming he were still alive (which thankfully is extremely unlikely), I doubt they'd give Adolf Hitler a blog. To many of us, Barnbrook is Hitlers representative to London.

Nuff said really

Anonymous said...

The Daily tv show is really mind blowing show!!!all the characters of this show makes this show interesting and entertaining to watch,i love the acting of Ed Helmes in this show.to download The Daily click on link