Saturday 11 April 2009

Damian McBride - stupidity personified


So as a Labour supporting blogger, what do I have to say about Damian McBride?

This one is easy. I think it's disgusting. I see the internet as a powerful tool for truth, honesty and justice. If I get things wrong, which I do sometimes, I apologise. If I hear salacious rumours, I ignore them. It is quite clear from my blog who I am, what I do and where you can find me. In short, I've put my reputation on the line in what I write. The visitor stats for the blog tell me that I do it pretty well.

If I say something about someone, I post a link so that people can see why I've said what I said, if it is relevent. I make it quite clear that I have a political allegiance and that it sometimes colours my views. What you see is what you get. I've slagged off Labour politicians here as well as praising Tories who do a good job. I despise hypocrites and liars in all shapes, colours and sizes.

I think it's pretty easy to see what is a genuine blog and what isn't. Gordon Brown will have a price to pay for Mr McBride's stupidity and rightly so. I'd suggest that anyone else tempted to start rumours on "invisible man" blogs take note. Lets hope that all of the parties learn to use & not abuse the medium of blogging.

No comments: