Thursday 26 March 2009

BNP - Stealing our honour and memories


The picture to the right is taken from the Australian war memorial website. The caption reads :-

Italy. c. April 1944. Sergeant Jack Rae of Welshpool, WA, NCO in charge of the RAAF Mobile Officer's shop in Italy, is seen here endeavouring to supply Pilot Officer A. T. Duff of Woollahra, NSW, one of the shortest officers in the RAAF (5 feet 1 inch) with a pair of slacks. Flying Officer L. F. Tichborne of Charters Towers, Qld, looks on in amusement. Both officers are serving with an RAF bombers squadron in Italy.

The officer in the middle was my dad. I documented his experiences for remembrance day in a previous blog. The reason I've revisited this, is this BNP blog (click & hold your nose). My father flew Wellington bombers, as featured in the picture on Darby's blog. My father lost his best friend when he was shot down on his 40th op over Bucharest. For all you, me or Simon Darby know, he could be flying one of the planes pictured in his facist blog. In the picture my Dad is smiling. If he thought that he or his comrades bravery would be hijacked by the British successors to the people they sacrificed so much to fight, he'd be turning in his grave. I am truly disgusted by the way the BNP use these images. We were fighting the Nazi's for gods sake !!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rog T,

Can't you sue the fatherless lovemakers for copyright or get an injunction if it's your Dad?

There's some real funny people out there - someone's impersonating me on Dr Rachel Joyce's blog - guess they're either bored or have no life! However, my "Here, here" to your blog on there was genuinely me...!

I worked in the Railway Engineer for around 10 years from 1987 did you know it/ever go in there?

PCS Will

Rog T said...

PCS Will,

Sorry to say that when you leave messages with an anti tory theme in Barnet, all sorts of shenanigans occur. I've had the odd pint in the Engine, but it's the wrong side of Mill Hill - too far to walk home drunk from. It's recently changed it's name to The Angel & Crown.