Monday 23 February 2009

Who reads the Barnet Eye? Who is the Rog T Fanclub

Rog T's biggest Fan (as ranked by Google Images)

I thought I'd do a little poll of Barnet Eye readers a couple of weeks ago. I also put a stats counter on so I'd have some idea of who's actually reading the blog. Roughly speaking about 1% of my visitors bothered to respond. If we accept that the responders accurately reflect the other 99%, then the largest group are Lib Dems on 34% - doesn't really surprise me as we're largely a local blog here & Libdems are active in Mill Hill and Barnet. What did surprise me is that the next biggest group who responded were Conservatives on 30%. As approx 90% of hits are from the London area, that means approx 1,500 unique visitors in the last two weeks are London Based Tories. Do they agree with me? Well they must have come here for some reason, I suspect because the majority of them respect independent thought. Rather strangely, given that I'm a Labour supporter, only 14% are Labourites - even though Dave Hill gave me a plug on his Guardian blog.

The next group who visit on 8% are those who describe themselves as Extreme Right wing Looneys. This number chalked up after I posted a series of blogs on the BNP. I suspect many of these visited through random searches and probably weren't too impressed. The "Hang all politicians" and "Swivel Eyed Trots" come in at 6% each. I wonder if the activities of Brian Coleman have really made a large enough portion of the Barnet Electorate to get a GLA member (over 5%) want to hang all politicians. My good mate Mr Bendoski suggested that I should stand for the GLA on the "Hang All Politicians" ticket. Only trouble there is if I won I'd have to set a good example and hang myself (should at least ensure Mike Freer & Brian Coleman's vote). Lastly with 2% are the good old Anarchists. When I was a teenager, I used to follow Anarchist Punk Band CRASS around, so maybe they're repaying the compliment.

Mind you, I wanted to see if I had a fanclub so I typed "Rog T" Fanclub into Google images and there were three entries - I was my own second biggest fan - The lady at the top was the first and the gentleman below was the third.

Rog T's Third biggest fan- as ranked by Google

No comments: