Saturday 14 February 2009

Is Iain Dale taking himself too seriously?

Probably the best known Tory Blogger is Iain Dale. Whenever I feel like having some fun I just have a look at his blog and pick out a numpty who's left a silly comment and then have a bit of banter with them. It's quite a good place to get a feel for what other blogs are doing. Despite his right wing leanings, he generally is pretty good humoured. It seems that Derek (AKA "Dolly") Draper has rather got under his skin. I saw this posted on Iain's site today :-

Apologies for the lack of links to Draper's site, but he ain't getting any linklove until he apologises for saying that I condone racism. I also won't appear on a public platform with him until he does so, so to all those lobbying companies and media organisations who keep phoning and emailing me asking me to be interviewed or to appear on panel with him, please don't bother. The answer's no.


No idea whether Iain reads this, but my advice - don't take yourself so seriously, or you're doomed. Don't cut off your nose mate, you're spiting your face !!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

C'mon Derek Draper is acting like a complete loon. All the sane bloggers agree ;)

Rog T said...

Dan,

I'm not sticking up for Dolly. I just think Iain would have done better to ignore him. I suspect this is just the sort of notice that Dolly loves. You have to have a thick skin to be a political blogger and it looks as if he's got under Iain Dale's.

For the record I like Iain's blog (don't agree with it, but like it). The best bit is usually the links to the "Daily Dozen".