Sunday 25 January 2009

I'm Beginning to see the light !!!!!!




As some of you know, who follow this blog, generally at the weekend (when no one annoys me and needs a good kick), I like to take one of my favourite songs and share it with you. Now I never plan these, I just spin a few discs and see what inspires me.

Today's been a strange day so far. Got up early, did the breakfasts, knocked out a couple of blogs, then went and played football at the Burnt Oak leisure centre against my 8 year old son's team - Dads Vs Kids - Dad's lost 11-4 !!! Mind you they had more players and we only were allowed 2 touches.

Off to Waitrose for shopping and cooking the lunch. I started with "Music For Pleasure" By The Damned. A great and much underrated album. The Damned are also studio customers. One of my greatest buzzes ever was listening at the dooor of room 7, the very first time they booked and hearing them play "New Rose". It's fair to say that if they hadn't recorded the song, I'd not be running a studio. For those of you who didn't know, it was the very first Punk Rock single. David Vanian (vocalist) was interviewed on the Garry Crowley show on BBC London last night. A great interview.


Anyway, I'm currently spinning "White Light/White Heat" by "The Velvet Underground". The Velvets are a band that many people claim as influences. It's amazing how many people have heard of them, but how few are familiar with their work. The album is one of many compilations. My favourite track on the album is "Beginning to see the Light". I find it to be a really uplifting track. It reminds me of my good lady.

There is a line in the song "There are problems in these times but, ooohhh, none of them are mine" - whenever I'm with her I feel like that. I always feel that ultimately everything will be OK.

As it plays out with the Coda "How does it feel to be loved?" I always feel warm and happy. It's one song that always lifts my mood - ALWAYS. Check it out if you don't know it.


I'm Beginning to see the light


Well I’m beginning to see the light (x2)
some people work very hard
but still they never get it right
well I’m beginning to see the light
wanna tell all you people now
now, now, baby, I’m beginning to see the light
hey now baby, I’m beginning to see the light
wine in the morning and some breakfast at night
well I’m beginning to see the light

here we go again
playing the fool again
here we go again
acting hard again-alright!

well I’m beginning to see the light
I wanna tell you (oooooooouuu)
hey now baby I’m beginning to see the light
it comes a little softer now
I wore my teeth in my hands
so I could mess the hair of the night (a-ha-ha)
Hey, well I'm beginning to see the light
Now-now-now-now-now-now-now-now baby I'm beginning to see the light now,
it's coming softer
Hey now baby, I'm beginning to see the light
I met myself in a dream and I just wanted to tell ya everything was alright
Hey now baby, I'm beginning to see the light

Here comes two of you
which one will you choose
One is black and one is blue
don't know just what to do, all right
Well I'm beginning to see the light
oh now here she comes, (ooohhh)
Yeah-yeah baby, I'm beginning to see the light,
oh Some people work very hard
but still they never get it right
Well I'm beginning to see the light
oh, it's getting a little softer in the end now
Now-now baby, I'm beginning to see the light
oh, it's coming round again
Hey now-now-now baby, I'm beginning to see the light (one more time)
There are problems in these times but, ooohhh, none of them are mine
Oh baby, I'm beginning to see the light

Here we go again
I thought that you were my friend
Here we go again
I thought that you were my friend
How does it feel to be loved ? (x3)
(oh!)
How does it feel to be loved? (x3)

1 comment:

valblog said...

Nice to hearnice things about your good lady, Mrs T. As she says she never reads your blog- surprise her with this tasty vegetarian treat!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/recipes/4228390/Vegetarian-recipe-Moroccan-spiced-roast-squash-and-chickpeas-with-minted-onions.html